Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rhetoric of Employment Documents

It is my understanding that knowing how to build and create a resume is something everybody has to do at some point or another in their life. I would wager that most everybody in our class has completed some form of a resume as well. If not, they probably have never had a job and must have inherited millions from a dead relative, struck it big at the slots, or maybe stole some money? I hope the latter isn't the case...

In my experiences, creating a resume requires you to remember all your past achievements, employment, education, and anything else that would be beneficial for your future employer to know. The problem for me, is that I can never remember the names of my previous bosses - some of which don't deserve to be remembered in my mind.

The documents on the Pearson website about resumes, don't really tell me anything new or that I didn't already know. Templates for writing professional looking resumes are available online very easily. One type of employee document that the website mentions that I have had no previous experience with is an application letter. The template for the application letter lays out everything one needs to do clearly, and I understood it. The documents will provide a good source for our class to start creating these documents, but overall the documents didn't teach me anything I didn't already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment