Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brainstorming Questions for an English Major

Many, including myself feel what exactly can an English major or minor do for a young college student once out of college? I know that knowing how to write is a very critical skill the job force which can open up a lot of opportunities, but I still feel a little in the dark. Being an English minor myself, I can only hope that my ability to write will help me out (although it probably will not show in this blog post).

Therefore, my questions will be the following for these English scholars who are presenting to our class on Monday.

-What is the typical type of job that a college student with an English major or minor receives out of college?

-What type(s) of job(s) did you have after college?

-How exactly does being an English major or minor make you a more well-rounded employee?

These are only a few questions that came to mind, but I am sure that when our class is listening to their presentation we will have a lot of useful information and learn (hopefully) enough to make us employable.

No comments:

Post a Comment